Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Pookie2018 t1_j1sdnug wrote

CO2 is carbon dioxide, average people don’t have CO2 detectors in their home, usually places like fast food restaurants that use CO2 to carbonate fountain beverages have them.

CO is carbon monoxide. If your CO detector goes off, go outside to fresh air and call emergency services.

acidbluedod t1_j1srjfp wrote

I had to unplug my CO detector because it kept beeping, which gave me a headache, and made me feel dizzy and nauseous.

krone-icals t1_j1t4stg wrote

Most homes and apartments are now required to have one CO (not CO2) detector (source), usually you only need one and might have mistaken it for a smoke alarm. If you don't, add one from a home improvement store or ask your fire department (lots just have ones to give out)

superkoning t1_j1vxaev wrote

Since COVID, we have CO₂ meters at the office. Including an instruction what to do when, including Open Window, and Less People In Room.

misterjive t1_j1seten wrote

A portable CO2 detector isn't a bad thing in the age of COVID. It's nice to know when you're entering a building with absolutely shit ventilation and breathing in a lot of other people's exhalations.

−16

RonPMexico t1_j1tq86v wrote

Surely you are not serious

Maddwag5023 t1_j1vo6aq wrote

High CO2 levels in a room can make people nauseous and get headaches. Need ventilation as part of your hvac setup, especially in well-sealed rooms with lots of occupants.

RonPMexico t1_j1vosg1 wrote

Yeah, if you have 5 of your best friends (or strangers) sealed in a closet for several hours, co2 concentration is a serious concern.

Maddwag5023 t1_j1vr17u wrote

Yeah it’s all just a joke. That’s why there is ASHRAE standard 62, because indoor air quality is just a total joke.