Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

IntelKick t1_j67ucj8 wrote

As someone who worked with customer service (phone) I was kind to the customers, however sometimes things didn’t go the way they wanted it to. If they started yelling or throwing slurs, I gave them a warning that they have to keep it professional or I will hang up.

When I got a promotion and was responsible for employees that was handling the calls, I told them all during training that we do not get paid enough to take their shitty attitude so if someone gets ugly, just hang up.

If someone became difficult and called several times, I’d take the call myself.

PokeManiac16 OP t1_j67zv15 wrote

That’s how it is for me right now, my job said if it ever picks up in my city, they’ll hire more people and I’ll be in charge of the team. Hopefully I can pass that on so people don’t have to keep learning that you have to let people yell at you.

IntelKick t1_j687zh9 wrote

Be respectful of the customer. If they don’t give you the same treatment, they can kindly fuck off :)

Usually if they start yelling, the conversation ain’t going anywhere anyway so if you force the hang up due to their bad attitude, they’ll most likely call back and most likely keep calm.

Either that or they’ll calm down when you tell them to keep it professional or you’ll hang up