Submitted by Careless_Whisper10 t3_11nfl39 in StamfordCT

Are these weird things to be asking about? Maybe. But what are the coolest / most fun to walk through book stores within driving distance ANDDD are there any jazz-y clubs near Stamford? (Don’t live here yet, will as of Saturday 🤣)

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

takethecann0lis t1_jbn6i23 wrote

No jazz clubs or mom/pop book shops but we have three vape shops and an entire street of mundane restaurants that become underage nightclubs at 10pm.

We also have a weird store that never seems to be open yet displays random health supplements in the window. (What’s up with that place?!?)

But sadly no one plays Herbie Hancock let alone Flip Fantasia

andbuks t1_jbovr44 wrote

Amen to this. I guess this summer, we should just get the speakers out, play some Jazz, some BQQ and bring life to this graveyard town!

okjae t1_jbnuhmo wrote

Friends bookshop in the main library has great discounted books. Diane’s books in Greenwich is probably the closest proper book store.

HotPast68 t1_jbn7fij wrote

There’s a cute little book store up in Scott’s corner, other than that I can’t think of anything. There’s probably something in Darien too if I had to guess

RonRonner t1_jboet5f wrote

Booksy Galore in Scotts Corners (little hamlet of Pound Ridge, NY, just north of Stamford) is a nice book store and it's a small but cute walkable strip of boutiques over there. The new bakery Breads n Bakes has the best French pastries in the area by far, and there are some nice design stores over there too. No leads for jazz clubs but The Bayou in Mount Vernon, NY (about a 35 min drive away) has live blues and zydeco music. It's been around since my mom was a kid, and it's a really cool space. Flies under the radar but it shouldn't.

Welcome to town!

Careless_Whisper10 OP t1_jbol1r1 wrote

Very cool!! These are exactly the types of recommendations I was looking for thanks!

MortalKombat12 t1_jbohsol wrote

Where are you moving from? There’s some amazing bookstores throughout CT- you could make a day of driving along 95 and popping into them.

Careless_Whisper10 OP t1_jbol5em wrote

Coming from the Poconos, so everything worth going to I’m used to driving roughly 45 mins for anyway lol

chirpotle t1_jbr1wpc wrote

Jazz on Main in Mount Kisco