Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Ama014 t1_j02ice5 wrote

Urby does not have height/weight restrictions for dogs :)

ohnogirlbye t1_j07m1ox wrote

They are weird about allowing dogs in the courtyard, though. And if you get a puppy or a reactive dog then the traffic, which is pretty loud just outside the building, may scare them.

antiqueboi t1_j0hposl wrote

why would you have a great dane in an apartment? lol

jjb5151 t1_j02fn96 wrote

I would register them as an ESA to get by fees/pet rent. Great Danes are bigger dogs so some places may not allow them without the ESA letter

−3

robswins t1_j02tr1b wrote

Do you have a reason to think OP has a disability, or are you suggesting they fake a disability to save some money?

CognizantCravat t1_j039sz7 wrote

There is a difference between an ESA and a service animal, you do not need to fake a disability to have an ESA.

robswins t1_j03xdfc wrote

You need to be diagnosed by a mental health professional as having a condition which requires the animal. If you don't have a mental health condition (which there is no indication OP has), you are faking a disability to save money, and making it harder for people with actual serious problems to be taken seriously.

CognizantCravat t1_j040pz9 wrote

I see, I didn't realize the diagnosis was actually a requirement, I was under the impression when I got my ESA that it was simply a matter of professional judgement as to the efficacy rather than a prescription. I certainly do not want to encourage faking a disability, you're preaching to the choir on that one!

ChocolateBeneficial8 OP t1_j04ad31 wrote

You can pretty much just apply for one online without any requirements. It was a helpful tip! Especially considering most large dogs are better in apartments than little yappy dogs.

Y’all are too quick to be offended for someone else

antiqueboi t1_j0hpwnw wrote

the airlines have already caught on to people getting ESA as a fake service dogs. you will get laughed out of the airport if you try to bring an ESA on to a flight.

jjb5151 t1_j02v16e wrote

I have no idea whether Op has a disability, just giving them a suggestion on ways to get past the pet rules at most apartments.

−4

mistericyhot t1_j049315 wrote

Wrong city. This place sucks. There are no pets allowed in rentals, no storage space in rentals, no parking for rentals unless you’re in an upscale complex, horrible traffic, bad food, high prices for the bad food, nothing is walkable unless you live directly down town, it’s fucking freezing, there is nothing good about stamford, reconsider before it’s too late.

−6