Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

yikesonbikes1230 t1_j72uk1j wrote

Exactly! We can’t be the only ones and I even put it as the reason for leaving. Someone said here to get a firestick and jailbreak it and it is all free. I have no clue how to do that or if it is worth it but who knows!

FourthLineLifer t1_j73b8si wrote

I pay $50 for 2 years of VPN service. I bought a Firestick, downloaded the VPN onto it and a couple of those “not quite legal” streaming apps and haven’t had a single problem! Only sacrifice is sometimes needing to wait a day to watch a new release. Saving money on all those subscriptions and having every show right at my fingertips is amazing. The VPN is also handy for allowing me to watch sports (NHL) and get around blackout restrictions. I’d strongly consider sailing the seas if you aren’t already 🏴‍☠️

I’m no wizard at setting it all up, but there are a few websites/videos that will walk you through the process fairy easily!

st-shenanigans t1_j74mybq wrote

Id probably pay $30 a month for a subscription like that where everything is in one spot.

But I'll be damned if I'm paying $15 a month for ten different services

Scrumpy-Steve t1_j74xrwh wrote

Yeah, it's not a good idea to piss off your customer base when your primary competition charges $0.00

Luceija t1_j761t33 wrote

How can I learn this magic? :0

Descator t1_j7cycxh wrote

r/piracy mainly

The_eldritch_bitch t1_j73wisa wrote

It’s easy! My husband is tech illiterate and did it. We even get live sports on it

pluck-the-bunny t1_j771fi5 wrote

You don’t even need to jailbreak the fire stick. It allows 3rd party apps.

I use it it’s awesome