Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Personal_Change4294 t1_j7uh6es wrote

I'll pay more for things from companies that take care of their employees.

I don't want to buy anything from companies focused on enriching their CEOs.

It's hard to tell the difference, and this is definitely a PR stunt, but it's at least one I can get behind.

Wind_Yer_Neck_In t1_j7uiu22 wrote

Yes but at least Japanese PR stunts are aimed at consumers and not shareholders, so they tend to have better results for employees or customers. Like when that ice cream company had to bump prices and they ran an ad with the CEO and the staff apologising for the inconvenience.

Omphalopsychian t1_j7upfnl wrote

It's not just a PR stunt to all of those people getting a raise.

Personal_Change4294 t1_j7uujb9 wrote

Yea which is the awesome part. And who can blame a company for wanting to brag about that

Dubiono t1_j7uzltd wrote

They aren't bragging. This article comes from an investor meeting. They HAVE to tell their investors.

SegaFan420 t1_j7usei2 wrote

Don’t forget the Nintendo CEO cut his own pay by 50% for a time back in 2014 after losses.

They might not be the best company, you might hate any and all of them, but they’re sure better then most

Personal_Change4294 t1_j7uugef wrote

This is making me want a switch lol

DBZ_Dokkan_Throwaway t1_j7v21mg wrote

Love/hate relationship with Nintendo, but I do respect them for shit like this. Switch is a dope console, check out some games before you buy because I know people who bought one and barely play it. Unless you’re buying it just to support Nintendo and it’s employees, that’s cool too!

Dubiono t1_j7upb5h wrote

In this case, the stunt has precedence, with the Japanese Yen changes Nintendo is trying to keep their employees matching inflation rates. Which should be standard.