Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Mallee78 t1_j7ug2ev wrote

I mean irl yes, but if you show the military something a recruiter signed ad say they promised this they will laugh your ass back to your bunk

Synec113 t1_j7vjh3t wrote

Yeah, that's why you don't do legal stuff yourself (like writing or signing a contract without a lawyer). Contract in writing and isn't being fulfilled? That lawyer is going to cost the military a hell of a lot more than it would if they just gave you what you were promised.

−1

Mallee78 t1_j7vpwto wrote

Also no way in gods green earth would a recruiter entertain a lawyer when talking to a recruit, they would just tell your ass to get out of their office.

Synec113 t1_j7zya3k wrote

As is their right. I don't know shit about the military, just how the law works.

Mallee78 t1_j7vnkbz wrote

The military will just say the recruiter made a decision without permission and get away Scott free

Synec113 t1_j7zy0sa wrote

I don't know how the boilerplate recruiting contacts work, but if the military isn't honoring a contract then a lawsuit can be filed and a federal court can take effective actions. In the end, it's all about the money. Your lawyers job is to make it cheaper for them to capitulate rather than fight - and given that it's always about the bottom line, they will.

Mallee78 t1_j800g1k wrote

You severely underestimate the military legal counsel lol