Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Falkuria t1_j8td75e wrote

Dumbest comment ive seen all week. Straight up boomer humor.

tmadik t1_j8teust wrote

It's a legit question. All the article says it's that the daughter made a TikTok post and BOOM it got 43 million views. The 1st post. How? Did the daughter already have a huge following? Is she a marketing genius. I'm genuinely curious, especially since TikTok users doesn't seem like the appropriate demographic.

Also, who the fuck even says "boomer humor" any more? 😄

−4

ShitPostGuy t1_j8tywct wrote

Make the video 19-45 seconds long with two-part text. Add the right hashtag/description to get it categorized as Crime and Book related. Then have your main account and 10-15 friends like the video, comment on it, and reshare it.

That’ll be enough to put it on several strangers people’s for-you page who have an interest in Crime and Book categories.

tmadik t1_j8u5ib3 wrote

You make it sound very easy.

−7

ShitPostGuy t1_j8u6y69 wrote

That’s all it takes to get the first ~50 views which is the first and only hurdle you can control. Where it goes from there depends entirely on the engagement of those first organic viewers.

kiwimiew t1_j8tww0q wrote

It's pretty obvious here that you don't understand how tik tok works..

tmadik t1_j8u5c58 wrote

This is true. The only thing I know about TikTok is that my teenage daughter avoids it because, in her own words, "it's just a bunch of teenage girls posting dance videos and the pedophiles that follow them." Thus my surprise at a 40 year old woman getting 43 million views posting about literature.

−4

kiwimiew t1_j8udz9u wrote

Sure, a valid perspective as that totally IS one of the many facets of the app just like Facebook, or Reddit. Personally I enjoy gardening and farmsteading accounts on tik tok. The algorithm will do its thing. If you don't actively watch or like videos of underage children, you won't see it! Wild stuff.

kiwimiew t1_j8ue8nv wrote

As for the random viral video from the 43yr old, that's also what tik tok does. It'll push posts onto the 'for you page' and it's really hit or miss what launches, she got lucky. It totally happens like, a lot. *edit: missed a word