Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

tacticalcanadian t1_j972b36 wrote

I'm gonna be honest... I don't know who this woman is. Like I remember watching the halftime show but I don't recall her being a part of it. Where was she?

lav__ender t1_j9748u5 wrote

she was doing sign language interpretation somewhere on the sidelines. I didn’t see her until I saw clips of her performance online. so I’m unsure who was able to watch her during the Super Bowl itself.

zahliailhaz t1_j98g7ve wrote

This is actually a major complaint of the deaf community. Sign language interpreters aren’t anywhere on the screen or even on the same stage and you have to go to a separate site to see it. She happened to go viral because people who did go to that site shared her out, but it isn’t accessibility to hide the disability access people.

lbj2943 t1_j99awjt wrote

You're absolutely right. I think the movie "Sound of Metal" did a great job of giving me awareness on just how much able-bodied and disabled spaces are segregated. Deaf and hearing folk respectively should be allowed to enjoy art at the same time. Will our experiences be the same? No, but fuck it, who cares? We can coexist.

sj4iy t1_j97mjxd wrote

They had a separate channel where you could watch her.

EngagementBacon t1_j9bixkw wrote

When we watched it after the fact on YouTube she had the same amount of screen space as the actual halftime show. Seemed kinda odd at the time honestly because it gave her more screen time than Rihanna but she killed it.

bolymoly t1_j96x9x8 wrote

I'm 24 and I have a moderate hearing loss (my hearing is worst than my mom's who's 56 years old), great to see deaf people gaining space in the media :)

EddyBuddard t1_j97q8jh wrote

She is so full of positive energy, it's awesome.

Apollo_sl t1_j9a00y5 wrote

My mind was blown, how much better her speaking got from the begining of the interview. I was having hard time understanding it and then I just fell in love with her voice and energy

Kahless01 t1_j9dbjja wrote

almost always if you catch a sign language interpreter at a concert they are super high energy and fun to watch.

AutoModerator t1_j96ee5v wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

dopest_dope t1_j97ye32 wrote

She looks like the actor from the pikachu movie

−21

Eco605 t1_j98zaph wrote

Opens up about what? Also who cares.

−53

doctorclark t1_j99cl7k wrote

Bro, are you lost? Do you know where you are? We wish you the best.

LeekGullible t1_j96qdl8 wrote

1 dart from Walmart is a buck fifty.

−105