Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

nathansym t1_jb9qj59 wrote

Oerthling t1_jb9rx2b wrote

Did you just try to support your point with a Joe Rogan video on TikTok?

I can't even watch that video because I block TikTok and really have 0 interest in listening to Joe Rogan.

Assuming this is about abusive working conditions - again - that's not about extracting a particular resource, but about abusive working conditions. This needs to get regulated and improved regardless of resource or what it is used for.

What about iron, copper, nickel, gold and platinum? Oh and let's not forget the goddamn oil that gets extracted, processed, transported and burned to drive ICE cars.

nathansym t1_jb9syre wrote

Spotify more your speed?

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3ZBdeZLitzqNPBbvv9QIEz?si=13b6be5db8a642df

Don't listen to Joe Rogan, listen to Siddharth Kara.

I agree that all of those are bad. I would not post something about more of those minerals being mined or more ICE cars being sold in uplifting news.

I would post something about the mining's abusive working conditions that need to get regulated and improved regardless of resource or what it is used for.

Oerthling t1_jb9tspg wrote

EVs vs ICE is uplifting because it's an improvement. It doesn't have to be perfect, because nothing ever is anyway. It just needs to be better.

nathansym t1_jb9txze wrote

Fair enough. I see your point.

Oerthling t1_jb9uaf6 wrote

:-)

And I will agree that there is a lot to improve around resource extraction and use.

I just don't like batteries being singled out at a time when humanity needs to get out of burning dead dinosaur soup.

Oerthling t1_jb9txy2 wrote

I cancelled Spotify because they give tons of money to Joe Rogan.