Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CavemanSlevy t1_jbjj58x wrote

Still waiting on the major roads near my house to stop being under construction for 3 years.

How many more socially progressive bills will Whitmer pass as she ignores poor Detroiters.

−42

ohheyisayokay t1_jbk1to9 wrote

Oh man. That's an amazing stretch there. Like the two things have anything to do with one another.

You think if Whitmer wasn't signing this bill she'd be out there driving the steamroller? Come on.

CavemanSlevy t1_jbk5fcd wrote

I understand that my single comment here might seem off color and nonsensical.

​

But this is not a one off thing. I have sat in frustration for years now as the Michigan state government fails to do anything to help the massive amounts of working poor in this state. The state legislature seemingly refuses to acknowledge you unless you're a gay kid or Christian farmer.

I'm frustrated with my state government, and they don't seem to care.

−10

citytiger OP t1_jbjkic5 wrote

Road construction takes awhile.

CavemanSlevy t1_jbjl9bf wrote

Especially when no one is working on it and it’s terribly underfunded. I can write to my state Senator for months about how people are struggling to get to work and no one cares.

The republicans here only care about Christian farmers. The Democrats want to focus all their energy on gay kids.

And the working poor? Left behind as usual.

−25

HappyLittleRadishes t1_jbjs7iz wrote

The democrats aren't focusing all of their energy on gay kids.

It's just the story that is getting the most media exposure right now: Republicans persecuting gay and trans people, and Democrats doing the right thing and protecting them.

citytiger OP t1_jbjmzhd wrote

Why don’t you run if you think you can do better?

Sweet_Auroth t1_jbjq1zy wrote

Easier for them to complain on the internet than actually do anything about it

CavemanSlevy t1_jbk66um wrote

If I was a politician hypothetically running for office against an incumbent wouldn't my main job be to complain about the status quo in public forums?

−1

CavemanSlevy t1_jbk6j4u wrote

Inane response oft quoted when lacking a real retort.

​

Next time someone complains to me about police violence against black people, I'll tell them to go become police officers if they can do it better.

citytiger OP t1_jbk82d3 wrote

And what does complaining on the internet do to fix your roads or about police violence? Nothing.

CavemanSlevy t1_jbk8il2 wrote

Actually given that we live in a democracy, discussing my dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs in a public place is both a necessary and vital part of the political process.

citytiger OP t1_jbkbqxy wrote

Posting on Reddit doesn’t solve anything.