Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Cerwen5 t1_jbjtq88 wrote

It's funny they call themselves Christians yet they completely ignore the example that Christ is said to have left for them. Do they even read the new testament??? If they ignore the teachings of Christ then how are they Christians exactly? They keep citing scripture from the old testament and completely miss the point, that the old testament is there for context of what Christ was supposed to be CHANGING.

fake_kvlt t1_jbkqbyh wrote

I think most christians haven't actually read the bible in depth. I'm agnostic, but I've read the bible multiple times, and it really opened my eyes to the depth of hypocrisy among a lot of modern christians. If something is supposed to be a holy book with the commandments of god, it's very interesting how they just pick and choose which rules to follow and completely disregard like, half of what jesus actually said.

Honestly, jesus was a pretty alright guy with a lot of good ideas and moral values. It's unfortunate how so many christians love absolutely ignoring what he said while simultaneously claiming to love and obey him.

Cerwen5 t1_jbkrplq wrote

Yeah, I'm more or less Taoist myself, and it seems like I've read more of the bible than some of them

A_Blood_Red_Fox t1_jbl6olb wrote

A large number of Christians constitute some kind of zombie religion now - it used to be about the gospel, but now it's just about serving the interests of the Republican Party. I feel like it would be accurate to say that those churches have lost their souls, reduced to just puppets - that's why I say "zombie religion".

Cerwen5 t1_jbl7u2e wrote

Using church as a method of political control... yeah that makes sense. There is that particular preacher that I saw that looks like an actual demon. I've seen cult like things too... That faith-healing hysteria type practise.

themysticmage t1_jbuqzsc wrote

Exactly. I am so disappointed in the people who call themselves my fellow Christians. SO many of them forgot that peace and love were cornerstones of the religion, and that jesus preached to forgive and to not judge others because nobody is perfect.

And then I get on reddit and get to read that all christians are evil. If I say something about it I'm thrown in with them and labelled as evil as well.

I guaruntee someone is going to read this and attack me for being religious. It'd be the first time it didn't happen I think.

I just want us to get along :/ People need to stop blaming people for the sins of their fathers. I'm not evil just because someone who said they were part of my group was evil. You know what we call that idea? Prejudice.