Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Pincindleton t1_jcsd3au wrote

Not at all true and you know it lmao, don't act like subbing in players isn't a thing in every sport, especially for developing players in garbage time. Just say what you really mean dude.

handsomehares t1_jcu7jnd wrote

Baseball doesn’t sub as many people in, as a rule.

Imagine they had subbed her in when up so much, would it then be viewed as a stunt because she’d have no real impact on the game?

Equity only works in some situations, she’s playing for equality and equality looks like riding the bench for a lot of the players. Good enough to sit on the bench but maybe not good enough for this game right here right now in this moment.

Even if it is virtue signaling … sometimes that’s necessary just to get the narrative moving.

Pincindleton t1_jcv043o wrote

>Imagine they had subbed her in when up so much, would it then be viewed as a stunt because she’d have no real impact on the game?

I mean yeah, that's kinda the point. That's when a lot of subs happen, and it's generally viewed as a way to develop younger talent. It's really not that much different from any other freshman bench riders on the team.

handsomehares t1_jcv1mo3 wrote

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m saying that the same story could be spun from both directions if that’s how people want to spin it.

wangyuanji58 t1_jcsdren wrote

You don't sub players in in tennis.

Pincindleton t1_jcsfdz5 wrote

Yeah I'm sure that will be their response lol. BuT wAiT ThEy DonT SuB iN PlaYeRs iN SCotTiSh FlaG waTeR RUgbY sO yOU'rE wrOnG ActUaLly.