Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mero8181 t1_jcyylcx wrote

You realize the things you link prove my point right? The build back better, was an agenda that had to go through congress. Executive orders are not new laws, they are operating within the current laws. Hence why some orders get haltes by judges.

PigeonsArePopular t1_jcyzo88 wrote

I don't think they do.

It was a failed agenda that was publically destroyed by his own party. Everyone understood in 2020 before Biden took office that all roads led through Joe Manchin. That Biden The Senate Whisperer or whatever didn't sit down with him and Sinema week one and find out what they wanted to play ball is political malpractice. He totally failed to use any leverage, which he undoubtedly had

Executive orders seem a lot like laws when you are subject to them, I think you will find

mero8181 t1_jd30xhx wrote

Okay, it was a fail agenda? Your point? Why did it fail? Because of congress.......Thus president had to power to pass it. He could only convince people to vote for it, but can't force them

​

Executive orders are not laws, if they feel like it then blames congress.

PigeonsArePopular t1_jd31pbi wrote

It failed because the guy who came up with it did a shit job getting anything passed, is my point. He didn't use his power at all, he punted.

mero8181 t1_jd326j4 wrote

He had no power, he can't tell them what to do. They can change the agenda, but the sole power to pass it was in congress. He can only cheerlead.

PigeonsArePopular t1_jd32juu wrote

Excuse making

Like I said, if he was serious about "cheerleading" Manchin on board, he could "cheerleaded" his DoJ to start investigating his kid for the Epipen thing as leverage on Manchin

President of USA had no power, are you listening to yourself? Why then was it so important to vote blue no matter who/against Trump?

Funny, when Trump is running, then the presidency is of VITAL IMPORTANTANCE but when Biden couldn't get jack shit passed through a dem congress, then he has NO POWER

Get real man

mero8181 t1_jd33759 wrote

Because the President can veto or sign laws. You still need him. However, Congress needs to do their job first. With Congress split it becomes less important that he was voted in.

I never said he has no power, but he can't make laws.

And congrats you finalize realize congress is made up on individuals, not parties. Doesn't matter if a person is a Dem or Republican. They are individuals who can vote how they want.

PigeonsArePopular t1_jd3dm1c wrote

"He had no power" - you, above, verbatim

They can vote how they want but the pres has a ton of power to influence their votes