Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

coredweller1785 t1_jcyteav wrote

How about funding mental health or universal healthcare instead. Just another performance measure to distract.

DaoFerret t1_jcywwuw wrote

I expect the President should really wave his magic wand and get Congress to budget full coverage to fund mental health and universal healthcare, right?

Go elect more Congress people who actually support your issues and care and they might get funded.

(Don’t forget to vote for them in Primaries so they are there to vote for in the General Election)

coredweller1785 t1_jcyz1mo wrote

The president supported a public option where is that? Why is he not using his bully pulpit for his own plans and yet are silent. It's just a sad joke of performative gestures that a lot of us are sick of. Do something instead.

Trust me the local dsa and i spend a lot of time on parts 2 and 3 of your post don't worry about that.

DaoFerret t1_jcyzxk2 wrote

Right now, with the way Congress is divided, there is zero chance of a public option passing into law.

The President only has so much political capital that he can spend. Spending that political capital on something guaranteed not to happen seems like a bad idea, unless there is nothing else left to spend it on.

coredweller1785 t1_jcz0kf4 wrote

I disagree, Let's put the pressure on. That's why it's called using your bully pulpit. And right now biden not really using it. I hate trump but he did a much better job at using his bully pulpit. Next FDR? OK then show us, FDR used his bully pulpit better than anyone.

Just look at what Bernie is doing with his senate appointments. It's working and will work. Tired of giving passes to situations like this. No thats wrong, it's time to fight and push.

toomeynd t1_jczfmvf wrote

Want to take a guess as to how Biden is trying to bring the conversation to the forefront in a way that doesn't immediately piss off the other side? I'll give you a hint, it's at the top of this page.

−3

coredweller1785 t1_jcziu7d wrote

Pissing off the other side? Why does that matter. Republicans could give 2 caps about that. Like I said time to be forceful the American people want it let's put the pressure on.

Look at the Texas just trying to hide the abortion pill access case bc of the protests. Only way things get better through history is to push and fight for them.

70697a7a61676174650a t1_jd0fg6x wrote

Redditors can’t admit he squandered 2 years of congressional majorities. He didn’t once put pressure on Manchin and Sinema when there was still time to get things done.