Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

UnprofessionalGhosts t1_jdgckbx wrote

This is exactly why it’s important to keep the myth going that the city has alligators in its sewers from people flushing small pet alligators down the toilet when they start becoming a hassle to own.

We have relied on this lie for generations to keep kids out the mother fucking sewers. I don’t care where you live. Tell your kids about NYC’s sewer gators today. Let that shit spread from playground to playground from sea to shining sea once more.

CableTrash t1_jdh5184 wrote

If the fact that it’s an NYC sewer isn’t enough to keep kids out of it, I don’t think gators will either.

-Nordico- t1_jdgzs67 wrote

Yeah I dunno, I'm in Canada; can I say flushed bears instead?

wangyuanji58 t1_jdhdx1f wrote

House hippos. Then show a video explaining how hippos eat people.

MSquared1994 t1_jdid17o wrote

Jheeze those house hippos were such a fkin nuisance growing up. I can’t count how many times I’ve flushed them down the toilet.

Economist_Lower t1_jdio3w1 wrote

Gahhh one of those fat fuckers clogged our toilet and we had and inch of water on the bathroom floor. Well, that's what my kid tells me. I didn't see it, could have been a massive dump and he's blaming the hippo.

St4on2er0 t1_jdjewer wrote

Or ya know, teach your kids reality. If fecal matter and a rat filled maze don't keep them out, then they probably wanna pet the alligators anyway, and they belong down there. Or hear me out, we just take the Futurama route, and we keep our mutants down there. Unless they get a day pass because we're not monsters.

Odd_so_Star_so_Odd t1_jdk7b03 wrote

How do you know these smarties didn't go in there to find alligators? Best to be upfront and teach them facts than expect them to not go looking for santa when you tell them he lives on the north pole.