Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Old_Fix2800 t1_ir03jyy wrote

Probably on vacation or something

Just_Cook_It t1_ir2d0q0 wrote

The real question is wht the f*ck she didn't rush out from Russia in first instance, since she clearly protested on TV..?!?

Ariefromrotterdam t1_ir30v37 wrote

She is a very brave woman. I hope she is allright.

Historical-Wear8503 t1_ir34fdv wrote

I am getting downvoted to hell for this - but: this women was celebrating the annexation of crimea, the imperialist-expansion goals of Moscow, the attacks on Georgia, the destabilization of Belarus and the occupation of the donbas area. For many, many years and very vocal. So excuse me that i do not believe her sudden change of mind after being an active force in a violent political campaign over many years. Just being in the Opposition of Putin does not mean that you're not not giving a shit about neighboring countries' freedom and basic human rights.

I do not know her motivation in this very moment and i do not see enough reason to even remotely trust her. What i do know is the drastic damage she's done by continuously spreading hatred over the last years. This person has done significant harm to Ukraine and to the success of Anti-Ukraine-propaganda over many years. She is everything but a friend of Ukraine. She might not like the war. But she sure as hell gave a shit about Ukraine for a long long time.

lktgrsss t1_irhbcl0 wrote

I think this is an important viewpoint. I also think that considering the context of such insane amounts of propaganda and Russian nationalism there is - it’s always possible she is just now beginning to fully grasp the situation. Doesn’t mean she’s absolved or even that her opinions or feelings on certain things have changed. But in my opinion, Growth is the goal. And it may be a pivot For personal gain/ survival / whatever. But I would hope more people are able to change Be their minds especially in such extreme circumstances.

AutoModerator t1_ir01mfx wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

belza00 t1_ir0hbl6 wrote

I lost track of this story because there was so much else going on at the time but many Ukrainians were saying that this woman was controlled opposition at the time her protest went viral. She did end up in Italy a few weeks later asking for sanctions to be eased so it may have been the case.

−36

Tetsuo666 t1_ir1dzk6 wrote

Oh you lost track of the story. How unfortunate.

I couldn't find anything about this alleged trip to Italy so I'm gonna assume you are the Russian propagandist here.

Renfah87 t1_ir1ubup wrote

They have a comment post in r/conservative, so...

Historical-Wear8503 t1_ir35nhg wrote

I do appreciate you being weary of harmful propaganda. I am strongly supporting Ukrainian independence and am very active about it. I'm saying this to make my stance clear, that what i am saying is not meant to support Russian propaganda. A copy from another comment I just wrote about her:

I am getting downvoted to hell for this - but: this women was celebrating the annexation of crimea, the imperialist-expansion goals of Moscow, the attacks on Georgia, the destabilization of Belarus and the occupation of the donbas area. For many, many years and very vocal. So excuse me that i do not believe her sudden change of mind after being an active force in a violent political campaign over many years. Just being in the Opposition of Putin does not mean that you're not not giving a shit about neighboring countries' freedom and basic human rights.

I do not know her motivation in this very moment and i do not see enough reason to even remotely trust her. What i do know is the drastic damage she's done by continuously spreading hatred over the last years. This person has done significant harm to Ukraine and to the success of Anti-Ukraine-propaganda over many years. She is everything but a friend of Ukraine. She might not like the war. But she sure as hell gave a shit about Ukraine for a long long time.

Edit: i do not know about her trip to Italy but she's indeed been very vocal about lifting sanctions on russia only weeks after her tv appearance in several European press outlets. I've read several of her statements about it in British and German newspapers. Should actually be fairly easy to get a hang of her position if you read some of her articles and interviews. She's may be against the war but she sure as hell is not supporting Ukraine.