Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Wear-Fluid t1_isglxvp wrote

Poor guy

picklefluffer t1_isgosgh wrote

He must’ve had a tough time in life but at least now he can serve as a positive role model and supporter for younger lgbt people in the church!

Firedemon503 t1_isgm9bg wrote

Wym?

dolphins3 OP t1_isgmvb5 wrote

Well, being a gay Christian, or gay 99% of religions is hard. There are other Anglican churches where the bishops actively want to genocide gay people, for example, and the biggest Anglican subreddit is deeply homophobic.

It's uplifting that treatment of LGBT people in this specific church continues to become more just, but he personally is in a hard situation so you have to empathize with him.

PM_me_your_McRibs t1_isi96wz wrote

Yeah but not so much Episcopalian in New England in 2022. Not to say that he doesn’t have challenges, but he’s in a pretty open church.

Wear-Fluid t1_isgo2u8 wrote

I was raised in a similar community and ended up gay. It’s not a fun time even if the people in close proximity to yourself are accepting of you.

Leemour t1_isjj274 wrote

So many commenters obviously didn't read the article. He is the first openly gay Episcopal bishop, with a husband and an adult son. He was never in doubt about his faith or that he's loved by his God even if he is openly gay. He was only doubtful if the church would let him be a bishop, thus he thought this dream was beyond achieving.

caremao t1_isjms8x wrote

First openly gay*

AutoModerator t1_isgkuj3 wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

TheyArentAny t1_isharwp wrote

I'm dumb and misread it as castrated, was quite confused

blondepancake t1_ism888e wrote

I'm not really fully into ANY religion but this really just made me so happy

hahahaIalmostdied t1_isilxhs wrote

I’m gonna be honest this on the surface has some black republican “i’m finally accepted” energy

−1

Maycrofy t1_ishalnj wrote

I see it and I don't believe it. Maybe religion ain't rotten after all

−2

Nashsonleathergoods t1_isjtjfj wrote

Absolute power structures are always corrupt. Organized religion is just the comic books of absolute power.