Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BrockStar92 t1_itpzfv0 wrote

I don’t really see it as hilarious. Frankly the flood of posts and comments going “see what happens when you let a woman lead” is pretty fucking depressing to me. The problem with Truss isn’t her gender it’s that she’s a fucking Tory and a fucking idiot.

SacredEmuNZ t1_itpzlek wrote

Oh right so it can be a women but it has to be the right team, got it.

BrockStar92 t1_itq1ji0 wrote

Nobody on the left was saying Truss shouldn’t get the job because of her gender. They were saying she shouldn’t get the job because she was a disaster about to fuck the economy. Which she did.

And it’s breathtaking irony from you in playing identity politics against the left when the reason the conservative members voted for Truss over Sunak was largely his skin colour…

SacredEmuNZ t1_itq1xj3 wrote

Lmao and if he beat her you'd have said they'd rather a man than a woman. Comedy gold.

−3

BrockStar92 t1_itq50m2 wrote

Well no, because there wasn’t any evidence of that. Where there was lots of public evidence of conservative members rejecting Sunak for not being British enough. There was a caller into LBC the other day trying to argue that Sunak (born in England) was less English than Boris Johnson (born in USA) for example.

SacredEmuNZ t1_itq61tr wrote

Well he has more Anglo Saxon blood. I'm more ethnically "English" and I haven't even been there. I could be born in India that doesn't make me Indian.

−2

BrockStar92 t1_itq73tx wrote

If Anglo Saxon blood defines English then the Welsh are more English than the English, who are more French.

And yes if you were born in India and have an Indian passport then you are Indian. The UK has a large population of south Asian heritage and those people are just as British as everyone else. Claiming anything otherwise is outright racism.

SacredEmuNZ t1_its1xtr wrote

I think drawing lines on country of birth and passports is too strict. I live in Australia and will soon get an Australian passport. I have a brother who was born in Australia yet he's lived in NZ all his life. It's just an arrangement of convenience that works for me, I will never be an Australian though. I think self determination has alot more to do with it.