Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_ivk2m3e wrote

−325

nain4567 t1_ivk9nnd wrote

A girl was killed for not taking hijab properly, I think we can safely assume she was forced and the ones who are doing it for solidarity obviously are also either forced to wear it or don't care enough to keep defending it. What's so hard about understanding it? Not every woman consented to forced hijab even during revolution. A woman could say one day "plz force me to wear hijab" and could still next day change her mind. Unless each and every woman of each iranian generation explicitly affirms everyday that they want laws so government teams come and force them to take hijab and harrass them, beat them, murder them for not taking it, they are being forced.

purplepenguin4163 t1_ivkf3lv wrote

Did you miss the last few months of news? Please educate yourself about what's occuring in the world right now. People are being shot in the streets and beaten to death to remove an archaic symbol of oppression.

heartless-tramp t1_ivol87g wrote

I know but that doesn't speak for everybody. Yes, some people are having this done to them and I'm sorry it's happening but it doesn't speak for everybody

−2

purplepenguin4163 t1_ivs1921 wrote

It speaks for everybody in this specific conflict and context. Try to stay on topic

Aalnius t1_ivkxyix wrote

women are being raped and murdered for taking their hijab off in iran but are still protesting for the right to do so so yeh i think they want to take it off.

[deleted] t1_ivk8nig wrote

[removed]

heartless-tramp t1_ivkc9ka wrote

Would you say that to yourself?

−105

bananalord666 t1_ivkicz0 wrote

The way you speak invites ridicule. You are choosing to support the upholding of a tyrannical system forced upon people who never chose to partake in that religion. They were unlucky enough to live in a country that began to implement the religious laws in their region and then their rights and means to move away were removed.

If someone wants to wear a hijab because they chose to partake in the religion, that is not an issue. These women and girls never chose this life. The people in the picture burning hijabs? They chose, of their own volition, to do so.

The fact that you appear to think otherwise either means you are uneducated, or malicious. It's fair for people to feel as if you would be willing to suck shiekh cock. Just like yo mama did.

Reality_Suit t1_ivl7b05 wrote

Absofuckinglutely, hey reality_suit Don't you have a sheikh's cum to slurp?

Brodman_area11 t1_ivl8klf wrote

I think we know what they want because they're shouting it from the rooftops. But you go on and whine about downvotes.

Throawayooo t1_ivli9ux wrote

Because they ... took it off and burned it?? Lmao

Reality_Suit t1_ivl6x4g wrote

Fuck religion, all of them. Religion stole the "why" from humanity. Religion only knows how to tell you that you are an evil failure of a human when you are not.

ihadtologinforthis t1_ivmm43i wrote

Honestly who cares of it was was an "educated" decision or not. It's a headcovering, whether a woman wears one or not shouldn't have any real impact in the world. The reason to wear a hijab in the first place is a ridiculous one anyway, if men have such trouble controlling themselves it should be they who should wear an eye covering, maybe cuff their hands too if y'all are so worried.

The only reason to put on head wear should be if you want to or need one as the weather dictates. Not because of religion.