Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Minus_the_details t1_ix1aj2w wrote

Librarian, here. Stop returning books that are years overdue. We don't miss them. We either replaced it or decided it wasn't worth keeping long ago. If it's just one book, we'll also happily wave the fine (if we even still have a record of you). If however you are Br--n K--------k from Englewood who checked out 50 movies and never returned them because you undoubtedly pawned them for cash, please know that we also keep collections of dark forbidden magic books and we know how to use them 😈

gir_loves_waffles t1_ix1b3ut wrote

>know that we also keep collections of dark forbidden magic books and we know how to use them 😈

Is it possible to learn this power?

Minus_the_details t1_ix2onqp wrote

I can't give the particulars away, but volunteering or getting an entry level job as a page is always a good place to start 😊

[deleted] t1_ix2ykua wrote

[deleted]

mjz321 t1_ix3123b wrote

Not good PR to say we chucked it in the trash

Minus_the_details t1_ix3ht03 wrote

Pretty much. We live in an age of mass production. Nearly everything is replaceable. If you just lost the book for a month or so, of course we would welcome it back, but 47 years?

Welpmart t1_ix3jhvk wrote

BRB, getting my MLIS (master's in learned inscrutable spells)

maggiemypet t1_ix44mh5 wrote

I have a book that I forgot to return 26 years ago, when I was 18. Between the military, all my moves, kids...I still have that book. The one of two things I kept from my childhood-It's not even a good book.

I've been torn between trying to do the right thing (whatever that is) and keeping it as some kind of trophy.

Wi11Pow3r t1_ix4x209 wrote

Sounds like keeping it IS the right thing at this point.

[deleted] t1_ix3dvry wrote

I have a book that we checked out when my son was 3. He’s 18 now. We’re almost done with it…

Yourbubblestink t1_ix3iue9 wrote

What sucks is a lot of people needed that book over the years and couldn’t get it because it was missing from the library. It’s a repair manual for how to fix your own car.

HVAC_and_Rum t1_ix3o42d wrote

Looks like Joyboy and his good time buddies finally decided to wise up.

cityshepherd t1_ix4sllt wrote

Should employee Stephen King's Library Cop

AutoModerator t1_ix1195q wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.