Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

seaworthy-sieve t1_j07i81g wrote

There is no world in which everyone agrees when exactly state sanctioned murder is acceptable. You say, when they're caught red handed killing children. Someone else says, DNA evidence of child sexual abuse. Someone else says, convicted of a subjectively particularly brutal crime.

Do you see how the line will never be sharp if it is permitted at all for the state to murder citizens?

I think convicted people serving a life sentence should have the option of consensual medical assistance in dying. But to force that is always inhumane. Also, in reality executions are not smooth deaths. Being shot in the head would be more dignified than the experimental, often drawn-out and downright torturous murders done to those people through lethal injections.

How many innocent people are you willing to watch be tortured to death in order to be able to have someone else enact your vengeance for you? 10? 100? How many?

enraged768 t1_j07lxq7 wrote

If they're innocent, and they didn't kill anyone i say zero. If they were caught red handed killing my children or your children which idk if you have any and convicted I'd be willing to do it myself. I wouldnt need someone to do it for me. I'll watch in the same room. Also I agree a bullet is better than injection. Fuck em. Do you have children of your own?

seaworthy-sieve t1_j07mk42 wrote

The point is that innocent people do die when murder is state sanctioned. Yes, some guilty people die, but innocent people are inevitably murdered as well.

What if your child grows up and is one day wrongfully convicted and given the death penalty? Would you be okay with that, as long as it means the real child killers are also being murdered?