Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

crandberrytea t1_j1rcnqd wrote

I don't know if I can quite call this uplifting. Yes. The dog got adopted but also got dumped at an airport

MyFavoriteInsomnia t1_j1re3v7 wrote

Yes, but the adoption happened last, so the final result was uplifting.

I hope whoever abandoned the dog got stranded in the winter storm and missed out on their holiday plans. I also hope they never have another pet, they don't deserve one!

VanillaCookieMonster t1_j1td99d wrote

I'm rather curious how cumbersome some paperwork for a puppy would be? They don't mention details on why the paperwork was so onerous. It's a puppy not a nail clipper.

katlian t1_j1tg72h wrote

My friend just moved to the UK with her dog and it took her weeks of vet visits, sending paperwork to US and UK officials, then booking a berth at the Heathrow receiving center and trying to find a flight on the same day as the berth reservation. Total cost was more than $2500, not counting her own airline ticket.

VanillaCookieMonster t1_j1tifyb wrote

That sounds excessive. I guess it has become a lot more complex than it used to be.

proton_badger t1_j1vi1yd wrote

I moved from uk to Canada 15 years ago, at least in that direction it was a bit easier. My Guinea pig needed a pet health passport, an approved box and a handling agent.

It cost 1500 pounds to get Meatball to Canada (my company paid).

420blazeit69nubz t1_j1v8n2m wrote

I wonder how an airline pilot cares for a dog? Does the dog always travel with them? They just have a dog sitter for a huge chunk of the dog’s time?

schmeckesman t1_j1s4s8m wrote

What kind of garbage person abandoned their dog at the airport?! I’d cancel their passport and never let them have animals again if it was up to me

WorldBiker t1_j1txp86 wrote

What would really make this more uplifting is if the original owner was tracked down by the police for animal abandonment and cruelty, fined a large amount, then expelled from the country.

AutoModerator t1_j1rbwlk wrote

Reminder: this subreddit is meant to be a place free of excessive cynicism, negativity and bitterness. Toxic attitudes are not welcome here.

All Negative comments will be removed and will possibly result in a ban.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

EarthenEyes t1_j1v8rdw wrote

This is so sad! To think.. you get shipped so far across the country, and the family you were with suddenly disappeared, with no explanation.. never to see them again or know why 😞

ifoundit1 t1_j1tclfb wrote

Steals dog misplaced by handling.