Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lazy__Astronaut t1_j3k73y1 wrote

When are disposable vapes going to be banned?

I'll see at least 3 discarded on my 5 minute walk to work, never once seen plastic plates/cutlery

Thelango99 t1_j3k9mxy wrote

Those single use battery banks too. Worst products ever.

InfiNorth t1_j3ktlv6 wrote

Single use battery banks? Wtf? Is that actually a thing?

GroundbreakingGur930 t1_j3kvguc wrote

He may be joking of the AAA and AA non-rechargeable varieties.

LanaDelHeeey t1_j3myvjc wrote

Idk about in the UK, but where I am you can’t buy flavored pods anymore since the public outrage a few years ago got them pulled from shelves. So now your options are either buy tobacco flavored pods (which taste awful) or get disposables which last equally as long as a pack of pods and come in good flavors. The reason disposables are so popular is because they come in good flavors. If good flavors for like juul were allowed again, you would see the popularity of disposables die off greatly and this type of littering to diminish.

But you know it’s all “think of the children” when nicotine already has the same level of restriction that alcohol does and nobody’s saying you shouldn’t be selling pink whitney because it tastes good to children.

ShidwardTesticles t1_j3ovgqm wrote

When are we going to stop banning tiny things like straws and vapes, and start banning things that ACTUALLY clog up the oceans like fishing nets

Travelin2017 t1_j3neams wrote

Saw three in one day when I was cycling to work. The light to say it was out of vap was still flashing on it

JRsFancy t1_j3ngihy wrote

Agree, I'm in the US and walk or bike every day and I always see a tossed vape pen on the street. Can't recall seeing a spoon or fork.

tomatotomano t1_j3l35hg wrote

Aren't those mostly made of glass and metal? Seems less harmful than plastic, but I am unfamiliar.

−3

Lazy__Astronaut t1_j3lds0v wrote

And lithium ion batteries

tomatotomano t1_j3nso17 wrote

Ahh I was just thinking about the cartridges. I forgot those existed. Yup pretty bad for the environment.

StuperDan t1_j3kykqb wrote

Just as soon as your local nanny state gets off their hunches and makes it happen! I'm sure England will lead the pack!

−21

astaroth777 t1_j3m36r0 wrote

How dare people make decisions to make the world a better place? What are they thinking?