Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Llanite t1_j3qmnjq wrote

You get $500-1500 a month in Finland fyi, which is borderline poverty. While we're at it, said income is paid for by 25% sales tax and 50% income tax.

nonamefounder t1_j3qsr8v wrote

I live in Germany and can't work right now, I get like 850 a month. I have to pay for everything with that. I know what borderline poverty is.

Llanite t1_j3qt18a wrote

Social sec in the US is $1600, 77% payout, eligiblity at 62 while holding 22% average income tax and 7% sales tax. It looks like Europe has lots of room to improve, not the other way around.

−5

nonamefounder t1_j3qu93v wrote

I only have to pay like 400 for my apartment with a garden. That includes water, gas and electricity. I can do whatever I want with the rest of the 450. I also don't have to worry about my insurance, since the state pays it for me. No taxes for me, except I buy something, but we don't really care about that, because it's already included in the price.

And since I only live with my small ass dog, I think I can handle it.

It looks more like you don't know the cost of living in Europe, compared to the US, which I do know. Get more information on it, before you embarrass yourself even more. I'll mute this conversation now, since I don't have the obligation to tell you everything, that you could learn through Google and using your brain.

Llanite t1_j3qv0p8 wrote

Nah, i dont need to google to know that those that eat from the gravy train enjoy every bit of it.

Enjoy your freebies while it lasts. Recession is coming.

−8