Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

diamond t1_j5tginl wrote

>The last owner had to close it off from the public because people were being inconsiderate- showing up at all times of the day and night and leaving trash in the yard.

That's about what I would expect, unfortunately. There are a lot of inconsiderate people out there who think that, just because a house was on a movie or TV show, it's now public property and they can do whatever they want to it.

The owners of the Breaking Bad House have had to deal with that. Stupid kids coming by day after day with the incredibly original idea of throwing a pizza on the roof, trampling through the yard, etc. They finally had to put up a big iron fence and plant warning signs all over their yard. People can really suck.

I hope it goes better for this guy. I suppose the fan base for BB is a little different than the one for The Goonies.

MyAccountWasBanned7 t1_j5thlq8 wrote

I was out in Portland once and made a point to see all the main building featured in the show Grimm. I parked across the street in front of each. If there were cars in the driveway I simple checked out the house for a bit and then left. If there weren't, I got out and took a picture of myself in front of it from the sidewalk.

But I didn't make noise, leave a mess, or intentionally disturb anyone. At the end of the day they are still people's homes and I didn't want to be a dick. I wish more folks would act like that and not ruin things for everyone.