Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BlackjackCF t1_j5wzhwx wrote

It’s really telling of the US’s track record with First Nationa people that that’s the first conclusion a lot of us leapt to.

joebewaan t1_j5xcass wrote

Yeah when I read this in the feed I assumed it was a /r/NotTheOnion post

LuxNocte t1_j5xdpda wrote

Kinda says a lot about you as well.

−23

BlackjackCF t1_j5xr81c wrote

That I want America to do better? Yes.

LuxNocte t1_j5ylccs wrote

shrug You can't blame society as a whole for your own mental state. If your first thought was that the Navajo nation was run by a white guy, maybe that is a good time for some introspection.

We all have implicit biases. It shouldn't be so difficult to admit that we all can improve. Externalizing mistakes means that you will repeat them.

−15

BunchaCreeps t1_j60dvvy wrote

My guy, it’s because historically white america has taken upon itself to speak for non-white America. Learn the history

LuxNocte t1_j60xmhx wrote

There are excellent reasons that you may expect to see white faces in positions of power. That doesn't mean that it is not problematic to expect to see white faces in positions of power.

BunchaCreeps t1_j614jws wrote

Ok, no one is saying it’s not problematic. The reason people are taking issue with you is because you think it’s problematic on the people who’ve noticed the pattern rather than the people who created and have consistently maintained that pattern