Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

oceanspire t1_j79fz2j wrote

You’re right, I did say this. However, after hearing from others I’m more understanding of your side. But the point still stands that, when posting publicly, opinions are just going to come in regardless. Block, mute, ignore, whatever. But being hostile isn’t necessary. OP is allowed to post whatever wherever, but others are also allowed and are going to comment, unsolicited or not.

Edgy_Hog2435 t1_j7a95pb wrote

Freedom of speech doesn't equate freedom from consequence. My art teacher BTW laughed at the person's critique. That person knew nothing of what they spoke. "The lighting source wasn't fixed" according to them. Prof. straight up said it's like calling a red car blue after checking out the art and the comment.

If someone's being an unnecessary d#@*, hostility comes with it. Don't try defending the other person just cause "comments will come in, regardless of them being unsolicited or not". Like I said, freedom of speech ≠ freedom from consequence. "Being hostile" is also a consequence, like it or not. And it's justified in this context. So please, don't gatekeep how people react.