Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Bardamu1932 t1_j984uo5 wrote

Rialto Beach/Hole-in-the-Wall tide pools: Starfish, sea anemones, hermit crabs, seaweed/kelp, sea rocks/stacks, sea otters, bald eagles, etc.: https://www.nps.gov/olym/planyourvisit/tidepool-activities.htm

For octopuses, you'll need to snorkel-dive in Puget Sound or visit the Seattle Aquarium.

zeledonia t1_j986a17 wrote

It's definitely possible to find octopuses in tidepools, though they're uncommon and/or tough to spot. People occasionally find them at low tide on rocky beaches in Seattle and other areas of Puget Sound. (e.g. Constellation Park in West Seattle). My family and I saw one in a shallow channel at Salt Creek last fall.

eecology OP t1_j9b4lbt wrote

Yeah I’ve seen a few videos floating around on Facebook now that my algorithm is slowly becoming more local to the area haha it’s actually why I thought to ask! Thanks for the tips 🤙🏼 when I lived in Florida as a kid we’d see all types of cool ocean life that I’ve forgotten about since my time in Michigan- I don’t think we ever saw any Octopi though, so I’m supppper hoping to come across one some day :)