Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Unique_Engineering_3 t1_jdlgxkc wrote

> I see you have tons of glib comments on here about this, it’s quite funny how you laugh at peoples opinions but never seem to answer questions.

> Must be nice to have nothing in this world to hold on to.

> That being. Said my wife and I do get close to the 250K in stock options a year. I’m not so worried about paying 7% on that, but I’d be more worried that they’d drop below that and now start working on income taxes. You of course, have a smooth brain and just post glib comments so we know you aren’t worried.

Your sad ad hominem commentary aside, it’s too bad you don’t have access to the internet.

If you did you would know that you’re still WAY BELOW the threshold despite doing great financially, u/Peanut09274.

“There are several deductions and exemptions available that may reduce the taxable amount of long-term gains, including an annual standard deduction of $250,000 per individual.”

So it looks like you’re going to need to more than double your tax exposure before you have to get your accountants and lawyers involved.

Edit to add:

You don’t have to worry about the $250k/yr EACH being less due to inflation because this limit is adjusted for inflation—and doesn’t include selling a family business.

“A standard deduction of $250,000 per year per individual, married couple, or domestic partnership. This amount is adjusted for inflation annually.”

“The long-term capital gain from an individual’s sale of all or substantially all of a qualified family-owned small business.”