Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

jusstabean t1_je5rcdy wrote

In Kitsap & the scene is trying to get better but if we want something really good we go to Tacoma/Federal Way. There's a lot of Asian/Mexican places in Kitsap but the best stuff is still on the other side of the bridge unfortunately

Ok-Gift-7013 OP t1_je6aqso wrote

Yea, I figured as much, but it seems a little more insulated from traffic and crime than Tacoma but still good schools. It also seems more green, but I don't know. Will check them out before we buy something, mainly want to find a good place for the kids to play without people zooming by side streets going 40mph like here in FL.

jusstabean t1_je6dvwy wrote

My brother lives in Seattle & loves it. We love to visit but can't imagine living on that side of the bridge. Hope you guys find something you love here!

PipeLayer2016 t1_je6zzp1 wrote

Tacoma actually has awesome public schools. Yes it's diverse, all socioeconomic backgrounds, but so many great programs. Strong neighborhood schools. Very happy to have brought my kids up there.

DerekL1963 t1_je6lt3d wrote

>mainly want to find a good place for the kids to play without people zooming by side streets going 40mph like here in FL.

You'll find those here in Kitsap too, it just depends on exactly where you live... Kitsap and the peninsula in general have everything from dense generic suburbia to deep woods and almost everything else in between.

Ok-Gift-7013 OP t1_je6prbs wrote

Any specific area you would recommend in Kitsnap? I'm mainly focused on Port Orchard and Silverdale atm

DerekL1963 t1_je6uraw wrote

If I had my druthers, I'd live somewhere North of Riddell Rd. and generally along or East of Central Valley Rd. (Links go to Google Maps.) That's basically the East side of Silverdale and a bit of the North end of Bremerton. It's about as central as you can get in Kitsap County without living in the dense(er) core of Silverdale.

There's quite a bit of older neighborhoods in that area, and some "country (ish)" areas without being out in the actual boondocks.

Whether you'd want to live there rather than Port Orchard really depends on where you'll be working. You really don't want to go through Gorst on a regular basis if you can avoid it, especially during rush hour. It gets pretty nasty through there, and there's a blocking accident every month or so it seems.

cceLu t1_je8k14o wrote

I’d suggest Gig Harbor if you can afford it.