Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wolf1moon t1_ixaofcx wrote

That's not enough for Everett, but that's pretty good in rural areas. You can't really judge salary if there's not context of where you are. It's like teacher and cop salaries are pretty good in Seattle but Texas is a whole other world.

KevinCarbonara t1_ixaq3z8 wrote

> That's not enough for Everett, but that's pretty good in rural areas.

That is awful anywhere in the nation. Any person doing any job in any area whatsoever.

Nixx_Mazda t1_ixaq8fl wrote

Did they also go to a (nursing) school in a cheaper, rural area?

Uncoolx2 t1_ixavvbk wrote

NACs don't go to nursing school.

Nixx_Mazda t1_ixaxo7y wrote

Yeah OK, I should have put another question mark.

The point still stands, I think, at least sometimes.

I'm not sure on specifics, so maybe I'm wrong and it doesn't stand! I can admit that I'm wrong, if so. :)

wolf1moon t1_ixb30lj wrote

Yeah. School for these positions is pretty cheap. At least I know my self-described trailer trash ex's mom went into nursing on the cheap without leaving that cheap town.

Nixx_Mazda t1_ixb3wks wrote

Interesting, thanks.

I was asking a real question. I kind of guess that there were cheaper, more local options, but wasn't sure.

wolf1moon t1_ixdstgs wrote

Np, I found this link. I was thinking of the associate's degree version. The different levels of education might cloud the picture here. I think the person I was talking about went to community college for it because the neighboring town had one. https://simplenursing.com/nursing-school-cost/

Out of curiosity, I looked up housing costs. A home there has increased a lot lately - I'm betting because they started catering to retirees. But a good sized house is about $500k now, on redfin, which is anywhere from $800-1200k in the greater Seattle area. Rough estimate.