Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

blonde800 t1_izgbko8 wrote

Aggred! Who's to say which 13, but I would guess 1913 since we weren't a state until 1889* per Wikipedia

Edit: could not be a WA state reference either since good old George is on there

nbwajdr t1_izgi27h wrote

Right above the 13, it appears to be engraved with 5/28. That could be part of the date 5/28/13. It probably isn't the date of manufacture, it is most likely given as a gift to someone. I've seen wedding dates, christening dates, & birthdates all engraved on spoons before.

Are you able to ask the previous owner if the date 5/28/13 is meaningful in some way?

fenstermccabe t1_izgqf1a wrote

Well since the middle one is Chewbacca I guessed it could be Peter Mayhew's birthday, but he was born in May 1944. Same with George Lucas.

None of the films were released on the 28th, and nothing was released in 2013, if it's a 13 rather than a 43. But that is after Abrams was announced as director but before they started shooting The Force Awakens, so it could represent the day they signed Peter to come back.

Edit: wait, you're telling me that ISN'T Chewbacca!?

candaceelise t1_izh22mi wrote

My grandma has those exact same spoons. I wonder how collecting mini spoons became a thing.