Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

aratoutwest t1_j2znass wrote

Reply to comment by werd_matrix in changing my life by foxycornn

Used minimoves cause I was only taking two larger furniture pieces, a small family table, and a couple boxes. So the movers were only 2,300 (2,000 once they showed a week late)+ a couple hundred for tips on either end. Plane was 700~ cause I was flying a family member and my cat out with me and flying said family memeber home. First + security was 3000~. Got furniture from goodwill, ikea, and a used furniture store in Seattle totaling 1,400~.

Start up cost of getting all the like base ingredients for everything (love to cook and bake) was pretty high, feel like my first couple grocery bills were 100-150 but have leveled off to about 50-70. Plus getting misc things for my cat like scratching posts, cat trees, litter box, food, litter ect. Was probably like 200 all told? Got a massive cat tree off Craigslist for like 20 bucks.

Am I in the nicest apartment with the best furniture? No my apartment is a little small (1 bedroom though) and some of my furniture is a mismash of two pieces to create a piece that’s useful to me, but it works and I got out here! That’s all that really matters.