Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MikeJL21 t1_j3pmqr7 wrote

I've been living up in Marysville for a couple years now so I dont remember the exact times but the general rule of thumb is when JBLM is letting out in the evening or when they're all getting there in the morning its straight gridlock. And if they're letting out for a long weekend, fuuuuuuck that. You aren't going anywhere. Sundays are bad too

KanyeWaste69 OP t1_j3sm9pb wrote

I wanna say in the past 2 years they have done massive upgrades to the north/east end of that through Lakewood/Dupont connecting the Tacoma construction are. Either from exit 118/119 to 125-128.

The lacey to DuPont could use some work. Like Marysville it sucks there's no light rail plans to Olympia

Also I have been lucky, I have never been through there between 3-6pm as if I am getting stuck in traffic when I havs to travel during rush hour, I'm either there by 7pm, or I don't hit any snags until Tacoma going either way.

Also having a Friday through Sunday/Monday work schedule means I'm traveling either in the middle of the week or late in the evening.

MikeJL21 t1_j3sroeh wrote

Thats good to know they actually made some progress. For a year I commuted to Federal Way for work and 3 of my shifts had me leaving FW towards Olympia at 4PM lol. I just started going to Emerald Queen for a beer until 6 since I wasn't gonna get home until 7 either way