Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Material_Positive t1_j5xgxsi wrote

"Where are you from?"

"Spokane, Washington."

"Have you been to the White House?"

Stabbymcappleton t1_j5xuzo1 wrote

I was in a backwoods bar in central Pennsylvania. The woman running barkeep asked where I was from. I told her “Up near Seattle.” She said Oh, my dad took me to the Spokane World’s Fair!
About 3 minutes later, I took a leak.
When I returned to my barstool, my wife whispered “WE NEED TO GET OUT NOW!!”
We snuck out the back and stomped through 2ft deep snow through the woods to run off. Turns out, the local hick population jumped all over her the minute I got up to piss. Fuck Appalachia.

Epicurus0319 t1_j5ybzz2 wrote

This whole west-coast-city-bashing thing is really getting out of hand

Stabbymcappleton t1_j61tx9a wrote

Anything west of Chicago, they think we live in log cabins and teepees.

MykeTheVet2 t1_j64ymwn wrote

If you’re a football fan, they remind you constantly.

Epicurus0319 t1_j6j3k7c wrote

Yeah, it’s just not fair that the entire Pacific Northwest has got only one NFL team (a mid one sadly) to support. Like, even Portland has the Trail Blazers basketball team (Seattle has women’s and UW and SeattleU have college basketball, but no NBA) but no football team- or Boise, or Spokane. Now college football on the other hand… we’ve got four teams that are all rivals of each other (Washington Huskies in Seattle, Oregon Ducks in Eugene, Washington State Cougars in eastern WA and Oregon State Beavers in Corvallis) and the Idaho Vandals as well, just across the state line from WSU. And UW and Washington state aren’t all that bad either.

MykeTheVet2 t1_j64ykxp wrote

🤣🤣🤣🤣 glad you made it out safe though

Eat_Carbs_OD t1_j5yxza4 wrote

>"Have you been to the White House?"

I've never past many white houses.