Submitted by narfidy t3_10nsn5b in Washington

Need suggestions for any good day hikes around the St. Helens area for two. A couple miles long with some sights to see would be nice. My Fiance and I want to get outside more this year

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

savvy-librarian t1_j6andd0 wrote

I personally really enjoyed this Spirit Lake hike. Stunning views of the lake with Mt. Saint Helens in the background. In total it is a 9 mile out and back trail but you don't have to commit to the entire thing to enjoy it. There are beautiful views from start to finish as you hike the lake's edge.

https://www.wta.org/go-outside/seasonal-hikes/go-hiking/hikes/lakes-trail-1

deadhead420710 t1_j6az2yn wrote

Does it connect to the Clearwater one?

savvy-librarian t1_j6azcjw wrote

I'm not sure. There were several connecting trails that ran up the very steep incline and I do know that at the turn around point it connects to the trail for Coldwater Lake.

RogueComment t1_j6avz9m wrote

Stay on the paths and don’t be afraid to turn back. Pretty much any path from the observatory has great views but some like the ridgeline trail get pretty sketchy.

whottheheck t1_j6aukrb wrote

Siouxon Creek is a stunner, one of our all time favorites. South side of St Helens.

CampingHikingDogMom t1_j6b9as4 wrote

Lakes trail at Coldwater Lake, starts at the boat lunch and goes to the end of the lake (and back). Stunning wildflowers in July!