Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dorkswerebiggerthen t1_j8j6mpi wrote

Yeah the trash guys in this city are a joke. You'd think doing one of the easiest jobs in society wouldn't be so tough for them, but I guess most can't even read at a high school level.

−38

SmartSherbet t1_j8jam42 wrote

Holy crap, have you watched those guys work? They literally run and jump and bend over and lift heavy loads all day long, in all weather, while exposed to horrendous noise and odors.

Say whatever you want about the city's crappy collection programs, but the collectors themselves work their asses off. I couldn't do their job. This issue is not about them.

BatExisting325 t1_j8jhrar wrote

Yes. 1 guy on the back picks up over 10 tons of trash a day. One of the easiest jobs in society” yeah right. Look up 10 toughest jobs in America. You might learn something. When it’s snowing and 20 below out these guys are still picking up your shit so have a little respect and not try to shit on city workers.

hXcPickleSweats t1_j8klhdb wrote

It's a very hard and very dangerous job and that smell that sticks on you. The conditions they work in along with the demanding schedule (no time for bathroom breaks) isn't for the weak. Trash collectors always have my respect.

Itchy_Rock_726 t1_j8jsf0y wrote

Maybe the most ignorant and entitled comment I have read in many moons. Wow! Work one of those trucks for ONE day and I'll be ready at the end of your shift with a hanky.

serve-your-aunt-tina t1_j8jpd09 wrote

bro you sit in your cave and play dungeons and dragons all day like a man child what are you talking about

Esuts t1_j8jy2m8 wrote

The DPW is a joke, but it's not the trash guys' fault. They're just doing their job.

Ready-Interview-9809 t1_j8kd3wg wrote

Yeah FUCK YOU, YA PRICK! Some of these trucks I see have one person both driving AND emptying the bins on both sides of a road. Fuck YOUUU!