Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sweeeetlu t1_j9s0qmr wrote

I just went through all the replies to this thread. I have to agree with most, there isn't a motivator for young adults to stay. I grew up in the area, and have lived in other areas of the country (from coast to coast). I came back to be close to family. Rent is not exactly "cheap", and if it is. I like the comment someone else said, "you'll be living in an attic". Its more affordable than other places like Boston, but at what cost?. Out this way, people settle. Either through relationships or learn to live within their own (by yourself). Its unfortunate, but dont think its anyones fault other than being everyones fault. Ask yourself this, if you had no friends, can pay to go out to bar and restaurants everyday, do you really talk to anyone? Trust me, I have spent going out nightly, in a very happening area of downtown, putting myself in those positions to meet other like minded individuals. But after so many times, you lose interest. After a while, and with people being more to themselves, no one has the desire to spark a conversation. If you think Im overthinking, or exaggerating, I would love to hear your suggestions. It seems like after 7-9 pm, everything becomes like a ghost town here. And for the nurses, sit down. ; ) Everything around is a damn hospital. Where do you go to have fun? (I bet not here) Joking aside; it is very important for the city and the state to see this as an opportunity for growth at cost. Worth it in the long run. Worcester has the potential to be great! But nothing is great just there. As is, we need some influence to get people (both individuals and groups) out and about. Organically feel like there will be others seeking the same. Live life a little. Work hard and play hard. Im optimistic. I don't like to see how it currently is. Back to the nurses, Im gonna go fake sick and head to UMASS medical or St V's, maybe ill find someone to chill. We are lucky to have what we have, only a matter of time for the right people to make a change. Damn I wrote a novel. Thanks for coming to my TED, lmk if you have any questions. lol (i did not revise anything, so dont @ me)