Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dawaxtadpole t1_j8ur1k7 wrote

Disco night at Ralph’s.

Live music at the brew yard.

That’s all I got.

squid1980 OP t1_j8uujca wrote

I wanna check out Ralph’s! I’ve been to Vincent’s a few times. Even met “the” Vincent last week

FIFAFanboy2023 t1_j8wzrfd wrote

Ralphs is a shadow of what it used to be or maybe it just sucks in the winter time. I saw they had music last weekend and went, paid the $10 cover only for it to be someone controlling a playlist of emo songs. I was under the impression it was going to be a cover band, not some skinny chick pressing buttons on her phone.

−3

squid1980 OP t1_j8y7eaz wrote

Whattt I’d be pissed if I paid for that! How do they away with it!

outb0undflight t1_j916687 wrote

Because it's not a live music event? It's not Ralph's fault this fuckin' dude thought there'd be live music at an event that wasn't advertised as featuring live music! He could have looked at the flyer and seen if there were bands on it, he could have checked the website, checked the Facebook event page, he could have, y'know, asked the doorman before he paid his cover...

squid1980 OP t1_j93amjk wrote

Ok but why is there a cover tho?

outb0undflight t1_j93cfcc wrote

.....because that's how the venue pay the DJs. This is really pretty standard shit, do you really need this explained to you?

squid1980 OP t1_j93g9hd wrote

1. You’re rude. 2. No, even at places with live music don’t charge covers 3. I’ve only been in Worcester for a few months so if it’s a city thing cool

outb0undflight t1_j93j2vq wrote

>No, even at places with live music don’t charge covers

Serious question, if you don't expect to pay a cover charge for live music or entertainment, what do you think a cover charge is? Considering 'a charge added to the amount that a customer pays for food and drink in a restaurant or nightclub to pay for service or entertainment' is literally the definition of a cover charge.

>I’ve only been in Worcester for a few months so if it’s a city thing cool

This is a 'most of the United States' thing.