Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mneeb11887 t1_j94j22s wrote

My wife and I moved two years ago from Philadelphia, & we’re in Grafton hill. Love it. Get to downtown, shopping in Shrewsbury, lake park, and Shrewsbury Steet quick.

Trails in Grafton Hill:

• Lake park and trails across steet are easily accessible.
  • Low-key there is a nice and maintained trail system behind the stop and shop on Grafton Steet (called Perkins Farm trail).
  • meadow brook is great, but no dogs allowed.

Gems in Grafton Hill:

• Palma’s: best sandwiches in Worcester. Authentic joint.
  • Taco spot: vampiro tacos, it’s a dive but it slaps.
  • Gibson’s ice cream (summer only)
  • Cranberries - greasy spoon but lovely people
  • Rosalina’s & Mare e Monti: I think they’re meh, but I can’t not mention it in a Grafton hill post
  • Cosmo Club: great dive, friendly vibe. Always got a game on and a spot to sit
  • Vincent’s: place is the GOAT. Live music every night. Get the Meatball sandwich.

Non Grafton hill “best of” (as a Worcester outsider, a local will prob give a much different list):

• Pasta Mani
  • Wooden Noodle (chashu is meh)
  • Life Garden Cafe (breakfast)
  • deadhorse hill (overpriced but it’s so good)
  • Chani’s Kosher Deli
  • BirchTree Bread Co
  • Fatima’s Cafe
  • Atlantis Raw Bar
  • Mint Vietnamese

Steel and wire for cocktails and music. Only legitimate option for music besides Vincent’s imo.

Breweries:

• Redemption rock: to chill
  • Wormtown: quick bite, easy vibe, parking
  • Bay state: convenience
  • Treehouse: fun outing and elite selection
  • Greater good: IPA heaven (Pilsner drinker hell)

This city has a garbage Chinese and Sushi scene. I go cheap and portions which Yummy Steakhouse on Grafton gives you.

SmartSherbet t1_j95r58c wrote

Agree with all this except the Chinese and sushi slams. There may not be a ton of good options for either, but Red Pepper for Chinese (specifically sichan dishes) and Miyazawa for sushi are about as good as you'll find outside Boston/NYC.

As for beer, Tree House makes fabulous beer and being so close to it is a perk of living here. Armsby Abbey has an exceptional tap list with rare and wonderful beers, but their prices for both food and drinks are outrageous. Redemption Rock always has a good variety of beer styles, unlike so many breweries that are IPA dominated, executes them all well, and is a very friendly, community oriented space.

foredom t1_j96360a wrote

Surprised Mare E Monti isn’t on your Grafton Hill list. Also, Chashu Ramen downtown has pretty good sushi, but only on certain nights.

katpadthai t1_j94swyf wrote

I moved to Worcester from Philly too, and can appreciate your list.