Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ravenflaw t1_jcb0608 wrote

Dear OP. We live here. We call them triple-deckers. It doesn't matter what your link says, even that article calls them triple-deckers, so you can stop posting it as a reply to everyone telling you that we call them TRIPLE DECKERS. Mmkay? Mmkay.

SubduedHamster t1_jce7a8u wrote

Commented a few times, but my decker dweller family said 3-decker. We only lived in Worcester after family immigrated from elsewhere. Maybe it’s a term for us poors. The URL has /three-deckers in it.

Ravenflaw t1_jcg0fhp wrote

Welp, welcome to Worcester where we call them triple-deckahs. (Same article calls them triples... )

SubduedHamster t1_jcg7bud wrote

It's really not that big of a deal. I've heard both my entire life. My family and neighbors were 3-decker people and got a 2-decker in the 50s that we all ended in at some point in our lives. Is this like a personality trait now or something?

Ravenflaw t1_jcgktse wrote

I could ask you the same. You are the one that has "commented a few times" about this. I'm just responding to your replies to my comment. :)

SubduedHamster t1_jcgnyyw wrote

Because I’m honestly curious why people are so viciously against one term for a house and literally denying the existence of a term that is used by residents. I mean, I remember living back home and people always seemed really angry and argumentative a lot but this one just has me stumped.

Ravenflaw t1_jck0dkv wrote

Says the one who is "commenting a few times" about it. Again, I can ask you the same thing. You're a wee bit obsessed with getting someone to tell you that you're absolutely right, we should all call them three-deckers. Are you THIS bored because I am...

SubduedHamster t1_jckgyo2 wrote

I mean, since I’ve moved away for a long time, I can see looking back how angry things are and not be hurt. I know you want to me make me feel bad about myself but im not trying to hurt you. And I know this will be read in an angry tone, but I’m not angry. Im just curious why there’s such a drive to make me believe a term doesn’t exist? I really have a curiosity as to what causes the need to “win” so much at home. There’s really nothing to gain by denying the existence of a term. What makes you angry about 3-decker being something everyone I knew said? I have heard both terms but it makes you upset for some reason? I really want to understand this mentality.

Ravenflaw t1_jckz7l3 wrote

... you really are quite annoying. Did you forget the coffee today? Maybe a nap? Can you maybe stop harassing me over an opinion? I don't give a crap about you calling it a three decker, you do you. I call it a triple and I'm not changing my dialect for you. Good riddance.