Submitted by Shin_Splinters t3_11vkpml in WorcesterMA

Hello all,

We will be hosting a discussion group again this Monday, 3/20 5:30-7PM, to discuss topics such as:

*Safer, better designed streets for all residents *Better transit, land use and zoning policies *Action opportunities to improve the quality of life for residents *...and more!

If these things strike you as interesting or you're into Urbanism already, please meet us at Nu Kitchen in the back from 5:30-7PM this Monday, 3/20, or the following two Mondays when we will also be there!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

swoldier_force t1_jctj0qk wrote

Are there any city representatives who attend?

spitfish t1_jctt4ap wrote

Nu Kitchen is in District 5. That city councilor is Etel Haxhiaj. It might be helpful to invite them or one of the At Large councilors.

Shin_Splinters OP t1_jctm0sj wrote

Not yet, we're just starting out as a resident organization. We should have a local journalist coming to this one though!

swoldier_force t1_jctmon3 wrote

You should still try inviting some. They are also residents, and if something doable comes up it might help to have someone listening that could bubble up the idea.

Shin_Splinters OP t1_jcu6xbw wrote

That's a good idea, thanks for suggesting it. I'll bring it up at the meeting and see about inviting them for next time.

Dilseacht t1_jcvsgvb wrote

All the things you plan on discussing are things that require help from the city to actually get done. What’s the point if you hadn’t even thought of inviting someone who can actually help make these changes?

Shin_Splinters OP t1_jcxw57e wrote

To get some people together so we can approach the city as a group with a clear message.

yennijb t1_jd04jhm wrote

How do I recognize the group? I'm waiting on my drink, blue hair

Notfromcorporate t1_jcvs2oi wrote

This is the most gentrified post on here

−1

SmartSherbet t1_jcy2exa wrote

Oh yeah, low income people notoriously hate affordable housing, safe sidewalks, and reliable mass transit.