Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

NovelNo87 t1_irt8b44 wrote

Personally don’t care, although I do find it funny how you basically want to throw the entire thing out because you didn’t get what you wanted. I liked the Italian heritage celebration and don’t see how one man from the 15th century should define my heritage. I also celebrated Indigenous peoples day by going to Mohegan Sun and losing a couple hundred bucks lol. You’re either going to be happy or miserable depending on how you look at things. The choice is yours.

slum_life_frownface OP t1_is523ul wrote

congratulations on eating all that bread and having so much fun at the circuses; some of us weren't able to make it to Mohegan Sun or any kind of celebration because of the aforementioned traffic. I could choose to enjoy traffic, I guess, but it's not really a reasonable thing to do. Thanks for being another member of the Worcester community who tells people to just grin and bear it instead of actually advocating for change or expressing opinions! with people like you, no wonder the city council loves itself so much--you silence critics by telling them they're just not enjoying failure properly. Sorry, but it's the 21st century and these are actual problems that impact people's lives. "Choose to be happy instead of choosing to be miserable, you miserable loser!" is one of the worst takes you can possibly have, but it's the only one that is acceptable around here.