Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ChanceTheGardenerr t1_is2qxhd wrote

I get brand spanking new ps5 stuff from the library. Put it on hold from your phone while you’re bored on the couch and go pick it up when they shoot u a text.

That being said there’s a place here in Shrewsbury on main st about halfway between the library and dean park that has second-hand games. It’s called Lady Mo’s Attic Treasures but I haven’t been in there yet.

emilyem34 t1_is5den3 wrote

I second this! I will say though, if you are looking for switch games, I didn’t see any the last time I was at the library.

outb0undflight t1_is5ineg wrote

WPL definitely has Switch games. They've always been in an easy to miss spot, though and I think they moved a bunch of them to the Children's Room after the renovation, so it might be a good idea to ask the staff to see if they have what you're looking for and where it is.

Beardo4LYF t1_is5jqkh wrote

Lol

Me a bearded fellow: "excuse me where is the children room.. now feeling cringe the room of children please ma'am... Regretting all life choices that led up to that clicks shoes together turns around and leaves

outb0undflight t1_is5kdn5 wrote

Yeah, splitting up the game collection was never a decision that made sense to me. Especially since so many of your most popular Switch titles end up catalogued as children's games because they're rated E and targeted at all audiences.

Beardo4LYF t1_is5lfs4 wrote

Again...full grown man .. "excuse me do you have animal farm or Pokemon ". Can we go to the behind a current method like the adult films back in the day. Needs just walking out with discret packages lol.

Better yet!!! I'll roll reverse!! I'll send in my child to get the game I want and I'll be outside waiting with shades on!!

ChanceTheGardenerr t1_is5o1yg wrote

U can go online, search the catalog by switch titles, and they are pleased to set them aside for you, even transporting them from the other libraries in the system.

https://catalog.cwmars.org

MrsNightskyre t1_isp7r2z wrote

This is what I was going to suggest. My local branch has about 10 video games (nothing newer than WiiU), but my kids will request games and get them from all over the CW/MARS system.

Apple___Eater t1_is60syj wrote

Never heard about Lady Mo's but definitely going to check it out

AlexVill_21 OP t1_isowqcl wrote

Checked it out. It's cool! But I wouldn't say better than That's E. They have a $5 game section with basically what you'd expect but besides that their prices are close to or higher than That's E. Still a cool place though and the employees are helpful

Apple___Eater t1_isyz4ct wrote

Thanks for the update! Bummer that their prices are higher than that's E though, but I'll still check it out.

outb0undflight t1_is4r9zb wrote

It'll be hard to find anything worth owning below market value these days outside of yard sales, estate sales, etc. and you'll have to compete with resellers looking for merch there, too. The days of finding $2 PS2 classics at Salvation Army or buying a GameCube and 10 games for $40 are long gone.

AlexVill_21 OP t1_is5wdsu wrote

Yeah, that's what I figured. It's just a bummer lol

outb0undflight t1_is5yrne wrote

It's a huge bummer. I miss when every single hobby wasn't monetized.

AlexVill_21 OP t1_is60lwq wrote

I went to a yard sale a few weeks ago, and the guy said that he had an NES but people showed up at like 8 and had a bidding war for it

outb0undflight t1_is6i7f0 wrote

Yeah, that sounds about right. I felt like I hit the jackpot the fall before COVID when I spur of the moment decided to drop my wife off at work and hit up a few yard sales and one actually had a handful of N64 games. Jet Force Gemini ain't a masterpiece but for $2 it's a deal.

Apple___Eater t1_isyzfq1 wrote

I think I stopped by that same house because I was told the same thing a few weeks ago haha

NativeSon508 t1_is6p0kj wrote

Pretty sure “That's E!” has older games. Like NES, gameboy, N64, Xbox, ps1 and 2 stuff. I didn’t notice any current gen games because I was considering buying Excite Bike just to put it on the shelf as a childhood memory but I’m already running out of room hiding the stack of 90s comics I have to hide from my wife every time I go there

Liqmadique t1_isdj3v4 wrote

They sell at collector prices tho which if you just wanna play older titles can be a burden.

Seekay2022 t1_isbn9hz wrote

I have a working N64 with a No Mercy cartridge. It's a prized possession but one I haven't used in years. I'd entertain offers.

DismalSpread100 t1_is6rak9 wrote

If your buying discount video games perhaps the time would be better spent working

−2

AlexVill_21 OP t1_is6ss5s wrote

I do work! I just like doing things besides work when I have free time :)

Pvt_Wierzbowski t1_is7iv00 wrote

*you’re

Perhaps your own time should be spent on an education.

DismalSpread100 t1_isawhg6 wrote

Says the guy scouring the internet for your comments. Pathetic.

Seekay2022 t1_isbn3r8 wrote

Word. Hate grammar police. I only act as one as a last resort if someone is being particularly idiotic and insistent.

DismalSpread100 t1_iscjbt0 wrote

Last resort, meaning you had nothing of substance to begin with. How simple of you.

−1

Seekay2022 t1_isd6jg1 wrote

By the way, I was agreeing with you. Echoing your "pathetic" comment.

LucasRaymondGOAT t1_is9efzn wrote

This is some boomer shit right here fellas.

DismalSpread100 t1_iscjipz wrote

I'm 30 and I've never needed to search for cheap games. I actually spend extra on collectible games. If I didn't have money for something I'd work rather than look for discounts