Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

HBKensington t1_ixcbs3h wrote

JFK to Worcester flight hop on Jet Blue is super easy. Otherwise, if willing to drive the 3 hours there's the option to rent a car at JFK and return it in Worcester. Used to be easy and cheap, not sure these days... Any car services are likely prohibitively expensive as noted above.

SonuvaGunderson t1_ixcise4 wrote

100% this. JFK to ORH. Uber to Holden. It’s a bit schedule dependent but certainly the most convenient.

mtb40 OP t1_ixccz6p wrote

I'm leaning towards the one way rental as it's a 3.5 hour drive to my home. Then I'll just drop it off and grab a cab. Between rental, gas, tolls and cab / uber it should be about $200 or so

CatumEntanglement t1_ixencjj wrote

That is NOT a 3.5 hr drive. A trip from JFK to holden is going to push 5hrs. Just getting out of the city might take like a whole hour.

Why dump $200+ dollars and 5hrs when you can just buy a one way ticket from JFK to Worcester's airport or the airport in Providence for a fraction of the cost and time?

Cran125GPS t1_ixcgcgn wrote

Depending on what time your doing that drive 3.5 hours could be very very optimistic. That's like best case middle of the night time.

ganduvo t1_ixed4tv wrote

Yeah I just drove to Brooklyn last week and it took 5 hours. I've only made the drive in 3.5 hours once or twice, and we head there quite a bit.

wallet535 t1_ixdn9sq wrote

American Airlines flies this route as well nowadays, in case this helps. Looks like Delta doesn’t anymore?

ProfessionalGrand849 t1_ixcgw64 wrote

I take jetblue from JFK to Worcester airport a few times a year. It's about an hour and possibly cheaper than a car service

ManneredMango t1_ixc9649 wrote

Jfk to ORH is a cake flight and it’s worth the time if you’re able

CatumEntanglement t1_ixc2y2g wrote

But...why??

JFK is basically long island proper. The absolute hassle and expense for a car trip from JFK to holden MA would be intense. Get a taxi or uber to get you to Penn Station... and get on the Acela (express/faster) amtrak line to Providence RI....then get an Uber back to Holden via rt46.

Or schedule your flight schedule to include a leg from JFK to TF green or Logan. (Better yet would be schedule your final leg to get you to Boston or Providence airports rather than NY)

Icy_1 t1_ixc3uv9 wrote

Yes. Get to Logan, Knights Limo from Logan to Holden.

coldrunn t1_ixcko4u wrote

Or JFK to port authority, Greyhound to Worcester.

WooNoto t1_ixcolro wrote

JFK to ORH(Worcester) and just catch an Uber. Not sure how much the one way flight costs, can’t possibly be more than renting a car and driving 4 hours. Unless you have a reason to drive, fly or hop on a train.

neilkelly t1_ixcfbxv wrote

If you really want a limo service, we’ve used Knights. They were slightly better than ok.

dpceee t1_ixcni0e wrote

Definitely take the flight to Worcetser, then you can find some easy way to drive from the Airport to holden.

nitwitsavant t1_ixdl67g wrote

Knights limo used to run a van service that way. Not sure if they still do.