Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LunarixNight OP t1_j5t4ayc wrote

I only found out the other day. I was waiting at one of the bus stops and nothing came by. I missed classes because of it.

Apprehensive-Mode-45 t1_j5u0i8n wrote

Also depending on when you were waiting on Monday, they activated their “snow routes” in the afternoon so I know that results in some rerouting so the buses avoid hills.

moisheah t1_j5t6cii wrote

They cancel busses regularly due to lack of drivers. Can happen any day, not necessarily just Monday. Follow them on Twitter for a heads up. (They have changed Fridays schedules, the specifics are on the website) Good luck

“WRTA @therta Jan 23 Due to a lack of available drivers, some trips on routes 11, 24 & 26 may be missed this afternoon/evening. Catch the next bus using “

LunarixNight OP t1_j5u8dul wrote

WRTA 2 16 30 31 has no service on Monday’s

moisheah t1_j5uavn6 wrote

Ah. I can see that now on the route specific schedules pages. Damn. If they announced that anywhere I missed it.

Apprehensive-Mode-45 t1_j5u0xec wrote

But yes, communication is not very widespread when a change or cancellation is made, so that does result in people getting stranded - which is not great.

Even when they announce runs will be canceled on certain lines, they never say which ones specifically. It’s crazy.

moisheah t1_j5u33i7 wrote

I’m a bus rider- five days a week, work related- so I get it. It would be great if they would at least be specific which runs exactly are being cancelled when they need to do so, with more than last minute notice. I assume that’s whats up with the new Friday rescheduling, but the random cancellations happen several days a week.

“Catch the next bus using http://bustracker.therta.com

Also, their tracking system isn’t always accurate - not all buses show up on the tracker- so it’s impossible to know if/when a bus will ever show up.

Sucks.