Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

XadhoomXado t1_j862mly wrote

The angel looked expectantly at a bipedal leopard creature with four dirty-white horns.

Flauros gawked at him. "What?! Do you know what you're asking of me?"

The demon pointed a claw at his computer screen, and a long list of names. "Just today, I've gotten a thousand new prisoners and just four candidates for Heaven. And you want me to let it pile up for years?"

Cassiel looked uneasy. "I know I ask much, but I have to go to one of the Milky Way worlds for three years."

Flauros looked unimpressed. "What, Earth for another Supernatural marathon? Is that show really that good?"

Cassiel rolled his eyes. "You did not have to make that joke, Flauros. But no, it is the new planet Tarlon. Michael has tasked me with studying it for a while. In the meantime, my charge needs another guardian."

"What, the one with the birds?" Flauros wondered. "Eh, none of my business. My answer is no, I'm too busy. Can't you ask one of the other angels? Don't you have some kid who needs the practice?"

"I honestly would rather go to you," Cassiel replied. "None of them are ready to be guardians yet."

"So rather than train your apprentices, you want to have me do a job I'm even less ready for," Flauros said, dryly. "Are you desperate to hang out, or do you think it's a great idea?"

"Honestly, yes," Cassiel admitted. "I do not really have much free time or respect up in Heaven. I have gone on thirty missions this century alone."