Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Serpentking5 t1_j980uty wrote

The Supervillians weren't merciful to Bob Hebert.

They played games with Heroes, most of who are trying to help people or at least limit the damage. But villains don't care really; they are the cause of 99% of damages.

Hence why they are villains.

While defending yourself is appropriate going out of your way to hubt down criminal without powers is dangerous. Murdering Destructonator might be valid... but evil doesn't care.

It found Bob. it Found Bob's Family...

What villians like Hellspawn, Blooddrinker and MEGASPIKE did to the family was horrific. They made an example of him and his family... They're still alive, but the scares never left.

This is why the code exists. while they were eventually caught and tired, heroes don't bring the law into their own hands for a reason. They are bound to the 'game' as it where.

Remember, this is why Heroes exist; to help get justice, to help repair the destuction villians cause due to their desire to hurt people.

You are not a villian, but eneither are you a superhero.

danceswithlobsters t1_j98n0t7 wrote

Hebert, eh? Trying to worm its way in here...

Serpentking5 t1_j98nks4 wrote

Well he was originally going to be called Frank but then i remembered Dune.

Worm also did come to mind from the promt though.

BackflipBuddha t1_j9aow2r wrote

I was just remembering that one snippet where the DWU took in the E88 and absolutely trounced them. Due to prep work and lots of creativity. Also a WW2 finish anti tank rifle.

Alexreddit103 t1_j988w62 wrote

I like this take since nowadays most stories here when involving superheroes tend to paint them not much better than supervillians.

maxreddit t1_j98tzr6 wrote

That's the concept behind the Guild of Calamitous Intent from The Venture Brothers.

TheFinalDawnYT t1_j9by5t4 wrote

This sounds cool, could you explain?

maxreddit t1_j9c9m1q wrote

It's from the Adult Swim TV show The Venture Brothers. The Guild of Calamitous Intent is like a union of "bad guys" or "supervillains" that set standards for those types on how they can "menace" "superheroes" or other "protagonist" types with an eye towards continuing the whole "cops and robbers" style conflicts between them and can respond harshly if someone breaks their codes.