Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Lucky_TooF t1_j7woudw wrote

Don't eh yourself this is easily one of the best submissions, you got all the details and emotions you wanted and needed with your story. You also did in the length that was needed for what you had, give yourself a pat on the back.

RedChessQueen t1_j7x95uk wrote

Thank you! I didn't mean it like i was not happy with it- to me it feels jumbled because i cut a lot out. I was worried that it would be too long and I had so many ideas for it but cut it short- like, the kid didn't expect to get picked up by the villian, but why the hell couldn't he go to any of the adult heroes instead? Why did he live on the streets for a week- what's the deal with his powers, his origin- and what makes Miss Terry a villian? I imagined her as a 'retired' lex luthor, and I sort of envisioned Terry's wife being a former Hero.

I had enough ideas for a full story and I've been working on it on and off, Cause I didn't kow if I wanted Terry to ruin the mother and step father's life, or have the kid be the one to go back and get revenge. I was also trying to figure out how to post it later, cause I don't think AO3 allows original work.

Lucky_TooF t1_j7x9baz wrote

Looking forward to reading more of you so decide

0zspazspeaks t1_j89ey1d wrote

AO3 has a whole category tag for Original Works, you'll be fine posting there!

RedChessQueen t1_j8c3g8k wrote

This is excellent news and I might find me alt AO3 password. I don't want y'all to see the copious amounts of smut I've written through lockdown.

... just ignore the yugioh Harry potter cross over I wrote 100 years ago.